What we need
- We need you to buy from our Store, here.
- We need you to donate $10 a month to us through the PayPal subscribe button.
- We need you to join the team, here.
- We need you to donate or discount us the machines and materials below:
Following is a short, bulleted list of what we need. Please consider donating to us or offering sponsorship to team WIKISPEED so that we can secure these much-needed items.
- 4130 steel pipe, 1.25″ to 2″ outer diameter, at least .08″ thick—any length; we are looking for 40′.
- argon welding gas and TIG welding consumables
- Arduino Unos and Megas, Netduino circuit boards
- 6061-T6 aluminum—all shapes and sizes. We use a lot of 4″x4″x.125″ wall square tube and .25″ thick plate.
- 17″ wheels and tires—any type, 5x114mm bolt pattern. If they fit a 2006+ Honda Civic, for example, they will fit WIKISPEED. We can adjust for offset and center-bore.
- CNC milling machine—R8 collet preferred
- CNC table router—like this (http://www.cncrouter.com/)
- CNC foam-cutting (hot wire) machine
- CNC tube bender—like this
- CNC cutoff saw
- carbon-fiber rolls—50″ wide preferred, 5.7 oz or heavier; plain-weave preferred, non-pre-preg
- Polycarbonate sheets—any size and 1/8″ or thicker
- battery electric vehicle to test—converted at home, a Nissan Leaf, or similar
- any powertrain/engine you would like us to test and develop a module for, at least 50hp, at least 36k miles between major services
- shop vaccuum and filters
- grade-8, 3/8″-diameter bolts, various lengths
- working automotive batteries—any type with more than 220 cold cranking amps (CCA)
- any engine bay or suspension part from a 2006+ Honda Civic with an R18A engine and automatic transmission. We can always use more of these.
- windshields from Mazda Miata—any year.
- beer and healthy snacks
A few of the generously donated or deeply discounted items we have received:
- tow vehicle. Thanks, Tom Tabor, for the 1986 Chevy Suburban!
- pair of production TIG welding machines. Thanks, Everlast, for the EX250 units; they are working well!